This role reports directly into the Service Manager. The purpose of the role is to carry out a range of electrical and control tasks for all MacTaggart Scott equipment and occasionally on equipment... must;
* Hold a BSc or BEng in Electrical Engineering or completed a relevant apprenticeship with qualification (HNC, City & Guilds, Scotvec, etc).
* Have a proven track record of working on surface ship and submarine systems, or electrical/control equipment within a marine environment.
* Have comprehensive knowledge of PLC control systems, fault finding, programming and commissioning.
* Have knowledge of electric motors, starters and variable speed drives.
* Be able to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and documents.
* Be able to manage changing priorities while working unaided... See more