We're now looking for a Care Assistant at Templeman House - our well established elderly care home in the Northbourne area of Bournemouth
- Full or Part time Hours
- Pay - £8.58 per hour
This is a fantastic chance to help us deliver quality personal care to our elderly residents as part of our team. Plus future career opportunities for those who wish to progress.
Under the supervision of senior staff, the Care Assistant will be responsible for providing care to our residents according to their individual needs, and in line with their agreed Care Plan.
A Care Assistant will cover both early and late shifts, alternate weekends and some bank holidays (plus pay enhancements).
About Templeman House
Templeman House is our well established and welcoming residential care home in the Northbourne area of Bournemouth. For more information about Templeman House please go to: http://www.care-south.co.uk/homes/templeman-house/
About Care South
As a not-for-profit charity our focus isn't on targets or sales - it's on supporting people who need help to get the best out of life by offering high quality, compassionate care. We know that it's the care that counts - not only of our care home residents and home care customers but also of our employees. We employ over 1,500 people across our 20 residential and home care locations across the south of England and our HEART values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect and Teamwork are fundamental to how we treat each other, the way we work, and the care that we provide every day.
We are looking for those with experience in the care sector and those with none to join us as a Care Assistant. The main qualities you will bring to your role will be a determination to provide excellent care for elderly vulnerable people and create a happy environment for them.
Recognised for our commitment to training, we provide opportunities to obtain various qualifications such as Diploma in H&SC level 2 or level 3 (following successful completion of probation period).
The successful candidates will have a positive outlook, be warm and caring and will take pride in ensuring a happy environment whilst providing excellent care.
Key Responsibilities of a Care Assistant include:-
- Delivering high quality personal care to our residents by listening to and conversing with them whilst carrying out practical tasks
- Learning about each individual resident's social history and utlising this knowledge whilst caring for the resident
- To familarise yourself with the resident's family / friends and facilitate these visits
- Maintain an awareness of residents changing needs and inform the Care Team Leader or Senior Carer of any changes
- Provide support and encouragement to allow residents to remain as independant as possible.
- Work as a team to create and maintain a co-operative friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the home, ensuring the home runs to the best of everyone's ability
- The Care Assistant will assist at mealtimes to promote a social, calm and enjoyable experience.
In return we offer:-
- Excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- Child Care Vouchers
- DBS check paid by us
- Uniform provided
- Care South Stars Annual Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For further details on the position of Care Assistant, please contact Deanna Barnes on 01202 537812.
Job found on