About The Role:
This is a great role for someone looking for a permanent position as a GP Receptionist in a friendly well known surgery in Liverpool. The role is temp but with a possibility of going permanent after 3 months.
The practice is moving towards becoming a paper-light environment and the additional responsibilities of the post-holder will be to summarise and read code relevant information from patient's clinical records, hospital correspondence and other sources into the practice computer system, working strictly in accordance with the practice notes summarising and read code protocols.
· Cover the main reception area
· Dealing with all enquiries and appointments
· Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover
· Receive and make telephone calls
· Enter requests for home visits onto the home visit screen, ensuring to carefully record all relevant details and referring to duty doctor where necessary.
· Action repeat prescription requests and ensures that they are ready for collection by the patient or courier within 48 hours
· Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, and direct to the appropriate manager to accept payment and issue receipts
· Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
· Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, and make all necessary preparations to receive patients.
· Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
· Alert Drs on duty of any urgent alerts received by fax or post.
· Reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patient's medical history.
· Read Code the information into the practice clinical system
· Monitor patient call and recall systems
· Summarisation of patient's notes when requested.
· Any other duties within the business needs
Essential Skills & Experience
- Customer Service
- Use of EMIS
- Previous experience working in a practice
About The Benefits
This is a great position for someone who is looking for a permanent position.
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.
Job found on