Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently supporting a growing innovative science and technology firm in their search for a Project Manager. The company are based in to join a leading company based in the County Durham area and are involved with taking on varying sciences or technology projects, both commercially and publicly funded.
As the Project Manager, you will be required to deliver these projects successfully to meet time, quality and cost targets, realising measurable benefits and thereby ensuring satisfied customers and providing a foundation for repeat business.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Project Manager will be varied and a summary of the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage and deliver projects according to the agreed asset and resource plans, contracted deliverables and the agreed scope. Oversee the management of activities of the project delivery teams, supporting technical leads to ensure clear roles, responsibilities and objectives are defined, planned and represent the customer ensuring deliverables are being completed to defined expectations.
2. Manage and develop customer/partner relationships from project authorisation and initiation through to project closure acting as the primary point of contact and ensuring regular communication and reporting of project progress versus the delivery contract.
3. Manage the financial performance of projects, utilising regular financial reports to monitor actual spend versus the quotation and forecast; Resolve spending anomalies and identify corrective actions to maintain profitability.
4. Projects within the company encompass a broad range process technologies and novel measurement and analytical techniques. This is reflected in the diversity of customers and their expertise. It is favourable for the job holder to be knowledgeable across one or more technologies in order to engage with the customers at the correct level and to develop strong business relationships.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Project Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific or technical discipline plus demonstrated experience managing multiple and varying project based activities.
2. Proven industry experience in a wide range of project management specific activities including mitigating risk, project management best practice, staff management, project budget control etc. You will require experience managing projects using Microsoft Project.
3. You will need to demonstrate your ability to think like a business person. As Senior Project Manager, you will understand the business need for a project and make business critical decisions.
Key Words: Project Manager | Project Management | Microsoft Project | Risk Mitigation | Budget control | Stakeholder Management | Scientific | Technical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Job found on: