Our client are a developing organisation working with the support of our strategic partner to have a reputation for practical and commercially focused advice and high client satisfaction. We are seeking a new member to join our team who has considerable technical, project management, commercial experience to date which will be complemented by your drive to deliver results for clients and excellent people skills.
The role encompasses the detail design, project management and commercial management of projects such as a large multi-disciplinary development of 1.5 km of new highway and accompanying strategic drainage, highway and drainage design for 120 unit residential site, design and site supervision of 800m of new highway works, highway improvements including a new roundabout junction and enabling works for development plots.
Based within our engineering team you will liaise regularly with our transport planners and you should have a working knowledge of their services and skills.
Your personal approach
You will be happy to roll your sleeves up and make a significant contribution to the delivery of project work. You will enjoy working with people and be able to take them with you on the journey through with your excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). You will have quiet confidence in your technical expertise and experience and be organised, methodical, and an ‘enabler’ - who makes things happen.
Your experience in your career so far:
- Technical - detail design for major/minor highway and infrastructure schemes, drainage design, road pavement design, external works design and knowledge of Planning and Section Agreements
- Project Management - from project inception through detailed design and site supervision along with the ability to meet deadlines
- Commercial - working with private sector clients, understanding their requirements and an understanding of the financial performance of projects, tender and contract administration
- Business development – preparation of project proposals, using initiative to develop relationships
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroDrainage
- Civil Engineering degree or HNC/D with extensive experience
- CEng/IEng MICE or CEng/IEng MCIHT
What we offer
- An environment which seeks to produce only the highest quality solutions for our clients
- Scope to identify ways to develop client relationships and the business stream
- Opportunity to help shape the future of the company
- Support from Directors and the team
- Central London office location with opportunities to visit site and clients
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday per annum, 5% employers matched pension contribution, Group Income Protection Plan, professional membership subscription, private medical care option, training, discounted products and services.
Job found on: