*** Teaching Assistants ***
*** Secondary School ***
*** Enfield, North London ***
Veritas Education are working with a Secondary School in North London, with a 'Good' Ofsted are currently looking to recruit Teaching Assistants to start ASAP. This will be working under the instructions of the SENCo and SEN department, assisting pupils who are on the SEN register, of all ages and abilities from Key Stage 3 to 4.
You will be expected to support overall on a 1:1 basis with specific students, some of whom have mild autism or mild asperger's syndrome, assisting them with their class work up to GCSE level. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on a supported curriculum and also assisting students with their work in mainstream classes, under the instruction of the class teacher.
This secondary school has excellent facilities and experienced, ambitious staff who aim to provide the best level of support to all students.
This role would be perfect for graduates interested in pursuing a PGCE or Teacher training program in the future, who are looking to increase their experience working in schools.
YOU MUST BE LOCAL TO THE ENFIELD AREA DUE TO THE LOCATION OF THE SCHOOL.
What is required:
- Previous TA work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the online update service (ESSENTIAL due to imminent start date)
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Laura at Veritas Education, or email to start a conversation!
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Job found on: