Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)
Salary: up to £32,799 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 25/04/2021
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a 'Good' College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- "Empowerment through learning".
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the 'Business and Education' category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Information Technology (I.T), to deliver effective teaching, learning and assessment to learners within the Information Technology department.
The department runs BTEC programmes from level 1 to level 5 and includes IT, Games and Esports. The role will include leading and supporting in effectively preparing for the upcoming T Level programme delivery.
Qualifications and experience:
- Candidates should ideally possess a Degree in Computing or equivalent qualification, as well as a current teaching qualification to the required national standards or a willingness to undertake a formal teaching qualification in a timely manner.
- Furthermore, the successful candidate will ideally have a specialism in either Games Design, Software development and programming (ability to programme in Python, VB.net, C # or C++) with knowledge of advance database system, information systems and MIS systems.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in delivering at least two or more of the following: applications; web-design; games design; programming, hardware, networking and systems support to a high standard.
- Finally it would also be desirable for the candidate to hold vendor qualification (e.g. Microsoft Cisco).
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to at least a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed by the Vice Principal Curriculum and Quality to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring and parent/carers evenings to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
To view the full job description and person specification for this role then please click the link below.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
Closing date for applications is midnight on 25th April 2021.
To apply, simply click on the 'application forms' link below and return the completed forms to: (url removed)
Contact Details: For any further details contact Human Resources via email at (url removed)
Job found on: