PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled
gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global
leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony
Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As the role of Software Engineer, you will report to the Manager of Business Systems & Services
within PlayStation Studios QA. Your role will focus on supporting our key projects related to
in-game credit (contribution) collection tool, translation automation and other business
improvement projects. As a Software Engineer you will work with variety of teams within
PlayStation Studios and have a key role in implementation of organisation wide projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Integrate Office365 (Outlook/Email and Teams) with Google API Services using APIs
- Design user friend UI using common CSS frameworks
- Integrate and customise 3rd party web and server applications
- Work in an agile team to document stories, support backlog grooming, and manage assigned
- Perform unit, system and integration testing of developed and integrated software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow
- Build software prototypes on accelerated schedule
- Work with the Systems Engineers & Architects to determine application design and schema
What we're looking for:
- Experience integrating application/services with Office365
- Experience with UI design using common CSS frameworks (2+ years of experience)
- Experience with web calls, APIs and system integrations
- Experience building complex, scalable applications (5+ years of experience)
- Experience working in an agile environment (scum, SAFe)
- Deep technical experience in software development with a track record of creating innovative
web and client-server applications.
- Be capable of self-management, have good communication skills and work closely with other
members of the team.
- In-depth understanding of J2EE, SQL, XML, Web services, scripting languages, Linux operating
system and other key web and client-server technologies under Windows and Linux.
- Experience building customer oriented systems.
- Ability to write efficient, clear (and well-commented), maintainable and portable code.
- No experience with Sony PlayStation development required.
- Game development experience is not necessary.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Experience working in a global team, with a matrix reporting structure
- GoogleAPI, Office365, ServiceNow
- Ruby on Rails
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math (or equivalent experience)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment
without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment),
race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or
civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade
union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We
encourage everyone to respond.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
graduates, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Job found on: