Night shift Support worker job in Plymouth, 3 to 4 nights per week on rota, £10.37 per hour including Holiday.
Your new company
Hays Social Care provides staff on a bank, long term and emergency cover basis for a number of national organisations across the south west. Due to increased demand we are looking for a night shift support worker to cover 3 to 4 nights per week in an adult residential home in Plymouth. The position will be ongoing long term with the option of a permanent contract.
Your new role
You will be supporting adults with learning difficulties on a one to one basis in independently set flats with additional staff on site to cover breaks and relief as required. You will assist with going to bed and getting up in the morning and general night duties whilst the person you are caring for sleeps. You will be supported by a team of 6 on site and by a one to one consultant at hays to deal with any shift changes and availability to suit your current circumstances. Rotas are completed mid moth for the month to follow giving you 6 weeks of advance shifts at any given time. We will need your availability for the following month the first week of each month so rotas can be completed on time.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in care in the last 2 years is essential
- References to cover working in care in the last 2 years is also essential
- Availability for 3 to 4 nights per week is essential although work can be offered on a flexi basis
- NVQ in health and social care is desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
- £10.37 per hour for night shifts including holiday and pension
- Ongoing training and support free of charge with no contractual obligation
- Compliance turnaround time of 48 hours for those on the update service so shifts can be offered with immediate effect
- Free DBS for those that require a new DBS
- Access to this and other exclusive long term and permanent positions only available through hays and your personal consultant
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job found on: