Our client, a plastics manufacturer, has retained our services to support them in their search for a, Technical Operator/Trainee Process Engineer to join their expanding team. The ideal candidate will be trained to be a Process Engineer.
Relevant Job Titles:
Injection Moulding Operator, Tool Hanger, Injection Moulding Setter, Moulding Setter
The main purpose of the Technical Operator role is to manufacture Injection Moulded products and must ensure that production standards relating to safety, quality, outputs and cost are met.
The Technical Operator will have to complete product / tool changeovers on injection moulding machines, process start-up and shutdown together with quality checks including first off approval and routine periodic checks.
* Selection of job / tool / product from planning board taking account of priorities
* Selection of machine for removal of outgoing tool and insertion of new tool / calibrator
* Last of extruded product checked and tooling / production data entered onto the appropriate system
* Set up injection moulding machine and downstream equipment using relevant data sheets
* Obtain first off sample for dimensional and physical testing
* Machine put into operation and the operator informed of production so that packaging and labels can be sourced
* Document all relevant data
* Conduct ongoing quality checks for visual, dimensional and stress testing
* Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental standards for self and others
* Extrusion/injection or blow moulding machine operating experience
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV - or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Job found on: