Electrical Maintenance Engineer
* Manufacturing sector
* £29,000 - £35,000 plus excellent pension
* Day’s role (Monday – Friday)
* 25 days holiday
* North Cumbria
Our client is a highly-respected and a well-established manufacturing company employing over 450 staff. The company produces packaging or labelling for some of the world’s best known brands across a wide variety of everyday consumer goods. These include home and personal care products, food and beverages, confectionery, tobacco, luxury goods and industrial packaging materials. The client has manufacturing plants across Europe and South America.
The client urgently needs to recruit a Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Technician to add their engineering team. Recognised for their quality of manufacturing, this is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable company with continuous and full order books with some prestigious customers. You will have an opportunity to work with like-minded orientated professionals
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Technician requirements include electrical / electronic skills in the following.
* Installation work in accordance with current regulations.
* An understanding of PLC installations and interrogation for trouble shooting purposes, ideally Siemens S7.
* Trouble shooting on motor control circuits, from direct on line, inverter control and servo systems.
* ASI Control systems.
* Understanding and experience of the measurement and control or pressure, flow and temperature.
* Ethernet, Profibus, Serial comms
Experience with automated production machines, processes and knowledge of the following ancillaries:
* Chilled water systems.
* Low pressure compressed air systems including automated drying & purification.
* Pneumatics and hydraulic control principles
* Ventilation Plant
Additional skills and experience but not essential:
* Hazardous area, COMPEX
* Medium Voltage Distribution IT Skills
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Technician) will have the following:-
* HNC, City & Guilds, NVQ3 (or similar) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
* Some understanding of PLC / Control Systems (Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.).
* Use MS Office, report writing, creating simple spread sheets.
* Worked in an manufacturing / factory environment
* Have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
* Simple network wiring & fault finding.
The Offer & Benefits
The client offers the Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Technician) a generous base salary, excellent pension (on request), pay award pending, 25 days plus 8 statutory days holiday, accrue additional time off, overtime at 1.5, family health cover, etc
Job found on: