ABP UK is a major division of the ABP Food Group with factories in Ireland, UK and Europe, ABP’s commitment to excellence impacts on every aspect of its business. Our teams of experienced and reliable meat experts are passionate about building lasting partnerships in the European retail, manufacturing and food service sectors.
Our customers are the major multiples and high profile caterers and require the best 365 days of the year. That means central packing and sophisticated distribution, a revolutionary supply chain in the industry which is being led and developed by ABP. Only well-resourced companies can compete for such business.
We want the best people to work for us and we know that a supportive and friendly working environment plays a key role in attracting and retaining employees. We promote the sharing of knowledge and invest strongly in training and development.
We are currently seeking experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our workplace in the Butchery department.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* To ensure that the product is boned/trimmed out according to customers’ specifications as directed by the Boning Hall Manager/Supervisor
* To ensure that the product is boned/trimmed out to the highest standards with maximum yield and minimum waste.
* To ensure that the provided PPE is for the allocated job and, that this is correctly worn/used/maintained
* To ensure that you work to the best of your ability to meet production deadlines.
* To ensure the maintenance of good hygiene standards.
* To comply with company policy on all matters concerning health and safety.
* To comply with company policy on safe food handling and hygiene at all times.
* Carry out any additional duties that may be reasonably requested by the manager.
What we are looking for
Essential: Previous knife experience in a butchery role, Can-do attitude, Excellent attention to detail, Ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment, Good time keeping, Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting, pulling and pushing. Comfortable working with raw meat and blood.
Desirable: Knowledgeable with Health and Safety, Food and Hygiene processes
Job found on: