Salary: Depending on experience
We are looking for candidates that have knowledge of the stone/ marble industry and preferably can drive a forklift.
*The following job spec is a guide to your expected duties, other ad-hoc duties maybe required in order to necessitate the business needs.
* Pre-production checks of slabs upon arrival, including checking the sizes, thickness and quality; identifying defects and taking pictures as record.
* Scheduling with the Production Manager (PM) and distributing jobs to factory staff according to priority as stated on the Manufacturing Schedule, and ensure factory staff adhere to the Manufacturing Schedule as closely as possible.
* Briefing and specifying details to factory staff as stated on the Manufacturing Schedule and cutting sheet
* Selecting materials relevant to Production as stated on the Worksheet (cutting sheet)
* Monitor factory staff performance and resolve any ad-hoc issues inside the factory in conjunction with the PM
* Keep track of all live jobs and report back to the Production Manager on work progress
* Check templates once they enter the factory and make sure they have all of the information for the factory team to work on; also ensure they are stored in the correct location
* Regular meetings with the PM to go through Production schedule and any ad-hoc arrangements
* Liaise with sawyers/ masons/ labourers in the factory
* General forklift duties such as loading and offloading materials, clearing skips etc.
* Monitor all remakes/ remedial works in the factory
* Quality check all finish jobs including matching finished jobs back to template, and take pictures for record
* Reports any incidents or breakages to the PM and monitor all remakes/ remedial works in the factory
* Arrange dry-laying if or when necessary
* Maintain the general upkeep of the factory and yard, and report to the Production Manager if any machineries break down or need repairing
* Checking number of stones and make sure the whole finished job is loaded correctly into the van
* Any ad-hoc duties in the factory and the yard
STOCK AND SUNDRIES
* Maintain minimum stock order levels
* Work with Purchaser on quarterly stock count, constant update and adjustment of stock level
* Keep stock records and tools count, with a focus on expensive tools and equipment
* Check quality of material and add label upon arrival, tag material that are reserved for specific jobs
* Instructions to labourers to move stock and offcuts – when required
* Check all sundries request from both the factory staff as well as the installation team
* Sundries fulfillment or distribution, and update record on a daily basis
HEALTH AND SAFETY
* Daily checks on forklift and fill in daily report
* Regular checks on equipments and tools such as racks, hoovers, ladders etc. and report any issues to the Purchaser if new purchases need to be made
* Identify and report any potential H&S hazards (e.g. Loose wire, unguarded saw etc.) and making sure all factory staff adhere to the Company's H&S protocol (e.g. Wearing high-vis at all times)
* Report any injuries, accidents and near misses to the Production Manager
* Any H&S ad-hoc duties given by the Production Manager
Job found on: