My client is a leading Civil Engineering and Building Company, with a turnover in excess of £40million.
They operate in all aspects of Construction from Civils and Water Infrastructure through to Commercial and Residential projects.
There are two opportunities for Quantity Surveyors to work across their Civil and Water Infrastructure team on projects in NI and ROI.
- The first opportunity will be suitable for someone who has 2-5 years’ experience in a civil or construction engineering environment who is looking to stretch their commercial knowledge, accountability and responsibility within an experienced team.
- The second opportunity will be suitable for someone who has 5-10+ years’ experience specifically within the water sector. This individual will be able to bring their breadth of expertise to the role to liasie and adding value to the existing expertise within the team.
• Negotiating and appointing sub-contractors to schemes.
• Managing sub-contractor package’s through from appointment to final account.
• Dealing with all commercial matters with clients.
• The submission of all valuations and variations on schemes.
• Providing monthly cost reports in line with project budgets.
• Building close working relationship with Contracts Manager’s and Site teams to deliver quality projects.
• Identifying cost issues.
• Undertaking any other duties as allocated.
• The ability to plan, organise and prioritise and work to meet deadlines. using your own initiative within set deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively.
• High level of Commercial awareness.
• Ability to Work on your Own initiative with minimal Supervision.
• Ability to work within a fast-paced office environment.
• A third level degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline.
• Experience Opportunity 1: between 2-5 years in a civil or construction engineering environment, water sector experience would be desirable.
• Experience Opportunity 2: between 5-10+ years’ experience of which 5 years’ experience must be gained within the water sector.
• Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
• Good working knowledge of construction contracts in particular NEC 3 or 4.
• Strong IT skills.
• Full clean driving license.
Hours: 08.30 - 17.00, Mon - Thurs & 08.30 - 16.00. Fri
You will develop professionally and personally as a successful Quantity Surveyor with an established Company that provides steady and ongoing projects.
You will receive an attractive salary, with a well-rounded benefits package
Job found on: