Our client based in Cambridge are looking for a C++ Developer to join their core media processing development team in Cambridge . At the current time this is work from home and post Covid envisage the reality being 3 days at home and a couple of days in the office .
They are an established developer and manufacturer of specialised automation, media processing and graphics software systems for broadcast television with offices abroad as well as in Cambridge . They have a strong reputation for quality, innovation and technical excellence. They are a German owned company that employs over 11,500 across Europe and beyond .
Their customers include all the main top broadcasters throughout the world inc Sky , BBC ,ITV Disney etc and are an engineering driven company working together as a friendly team with a passion for developing state of the art software in an agile software development environment.
C++ Developer - salary dependant on level of experience
As a member of their C++ team you will be working on the development of their cross platform Windows and Linux StreamMaster product which is based on their MediaPipeline processing engine .
This role offers a huge variety of technical challenges and requires a willingness to work on many diverse aspects of the software with a pragmatic approach to delivering high quality reliable code at all stages of the product life cycle in an Agile environment.
Good to have :
- A degree in Computer Science or a compatible engineering discipline.
- Experience using C++ and multi-threading
- Windows and Linux
- Sound knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and rapid code development culture without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with a willingness to present creative technical solutions to the team.
- A passion for technology and problem solving.
- Willingness to learn from and communicate with the rest of the team.
- Ability to be a team player or work alone as appropriate for the task at hand.
- Agile development environment and experience of JIRA/GIT , cross platform development for Windows and Linux and/or graphics experience would be an advantage.
- An interest in video/audio/media/graphics processing, high speed networking and/or high performance computing would also be an advantage
In return they offer an excellent salary and benefits package together with the opportunity to work in a friendly engineering driven, intellectually stimulating and challenging environment which values technical creativity and customer focus .
Job found on: