At EY, we are expanding our Advisory team in the Belfast Delivery & Innovation Centre. We are now
recruiting for our Project Management Services, a rapidly growing and high performing team, which
delivers leading edge business intelligence and PMO services for our clients.
The Project Management Services Team is one of a number of services being delivered from the EY
UK&I Delivery Centre based in Belfast. You will be joining this team at an exciting time and
will have the opportunity see the team and its offerings continue to develop. You will report to
the Project Management Services Team Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a
fast-growing dynamic team who are changing how we deliver services to our clients.
As a Manager in PPM, you will:
- Participate in and, as required, act as project management lead on engagements;
- Ensure all project deliverables are managed to time, cost and quality;
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and
estimates to partners and clients;
- Build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers to assist partners and
directors with generating new business opportunities;
- Provide a supporting role in presentations and proposals for elements of medium to highly
complex projects to potential and existing clients;
- Drawing on your skills and experience, you will create innovative commercial insights for
clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute
to thought leadership.
- Create clear, concise, high-quality work products, leveraging knowledge and experience to
shape services to client problems.
- Communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and managers and work to build, manage
and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies
Engagement responsibilities include:
- Work closely with clients, and building 'trusted advisor' relationships;
- Deliver and manage large scale transformation programmes and projects to time, cost and
quality within appropriate governance frameworks;
- Deliver project and programme business cases, including financial modelling, and track costs
and benefits against business cases, working to ensure projects deliver benefits, outcomes and
milestones on time and within budget;
- Solve business and technology issues through collaboration and teaming;
- Apply knowledge and experience to shape services to clients and present project outputs via
concise, high quality work products with limited direction;
- Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees
and communicating issues to project leaders;
- Understand all our service offerings and identify opportunities to better serve clients;
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services lines.
People responsibilities include:
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff;
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff;
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training professionals;
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills;
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
You will have knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
- At least 5 years within a blue chip consulting firm, industry or government organisation
(strong track record in consulting is highly desirable);
- Experience of managing complex projects and programmes (managing a budget of >2m on
- Senior stakeholder management and communication experience;
- Demonstrable experience in change management;
- Managing and working in a Project Management Office (PMO) and implementation of project
- Proven experience in business development;
- Strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or project
- Prince2, PMP or equivalent certification;
- At this Manager level, there will be opportunities to work across our focus sectors within
the PI practice (Health, Utilities, Transport, Telco or Government) experience in one or more of
these sectors would be desirable.
Demonstrating experience in one or more of the following competencies is desirable:
- Business case development, including financial business case modelling;
- Project planning;
- Resource management;
- Project monitoring;
- Project finance management;
- Benefits realisation and cost tracking;
- Managing 3rd party providers.
- Process Improvement
- Agile Methodologies
If you have a keen interest in Programme and Project Management in Ireland as well as intellectual
curiosity and energy, then the Ernst & Young Performance Improvement Advisory team could be exactly
the right place for you.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working
arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver
excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal
priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times
be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
graduates, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Job found on: