AM Recruitment are working with a Telecoms Contractor who require a Civil Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be conversant with all aspects of fibre installation and telecom network builds including Fibre To The Property (FTTP) Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) and traditional underground, and overhead installation techniques.
You will have strong team and team influencing skills, be confident and comfortable working in partnerships and possess civils installation knowledge and experience. A keen eye for quality and specification, experience in Sign, Lighting, and Guarding, the SROH, and the Local Authority process for reinstatement defects is also desirable.
Civils Supervisors will ensure that all persons working under their care will:
a) Have received appropriate training for the tasks they carry out.
b) Have the correct equipment available and ensure that it is properly maintained.
c) Participate in the consultation phase of Risk Assessments.
d) Work in accordance to the risk control measures described in the relevant Risk Assessment.
The successful applicant requires: -
· A Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
· BT Openreach or similar craft and safety accreditations
· NRASWA accreditation – supervisor level
· Experience of UG and OH networks
· Experience in network installation specifications
· Experience of Civils installations
· Knowledge of Street Works Permitting
· Knowledge of the NRASWA and SROH
· Good communication and I.T. skills with a professional attitude
· Visit site every day to liaise with every “gang” and to discuss the day’s work ahead.
· Ensure all sites are left safe at the end of the working day as per Map procedure and red book guidelines to ensure public safety.
· Walk the sites daily to highlight any defects that could be potentially raised by the local authorities and,
· Ensure all defects are rectified in a timely manner.
· Walk sites weekly with the client to “measure up”.
· Conduct weekly pre-site surveys for upcoming work involving walking long distances.
· Spray footpaths for box positions & blockage locations.
· Attend high level meetings with local authorities.
· Supply monthly reports to the Safety Manager and the Head of Construction.
· Notify the Safety Manager and back office of accidents, near miss incidents and utility strikes together with investigating and providing subsequent reports in the designated time scale.
· Consult with the client and local authorities regarding any H & S issues, noticing, quality or defects.
Job found on: