As an electronic design engineer you will: design, develop and test electronics for our inkjet printers, working closely with the rest of the design team as well as within a wider cross-functional R&D team. Primary Responsibilities:
Whilst coverage of all of the following is more desirable, we are looking to recruit for the longer term so your ability and desire to grow into the role will be important.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Design using microprocessors, microcontrollers, CPLD, FPGA and interfacing to digital and analogue sensors and transducers.
- Design and implementation of test rigs and software for design verification and functional test.
- Programmable logic design and test benches for individual modules up to whole designs.
- Documentation of the specification and implementation of products. Planning, executing and documenting test and verification.
- Design for volume production of products that are safe, reliable and meet required industry standards.
- Participate in technology development, process improvement and general housekeeping efforts as a member of the team.
- Participate in technical reviews, feasibility studies and project evaluations.
Whilst relevant ink jet experience is desirable, suitably qualified candidates looking to establish themselves in the industry will also be considered.
- Electronic Engineering (Good Honours Degree or equivalent)
- A self-starter with a sense of urgency and who is motivated by achievement
- Digital electronic design (microcontroller, microprocessor, CPLD, FPGA)
- Analogue electronic design (interfacing to sensors, transducers)
- Programmable logic design is desirable (VHDL for Altera).
- Design verification and functional test software is desirable (C/C++, Arduino, Raspberry Pi).
- Hands-on assembly and test work
- Problem solving capabilities with data driven analysis and conclusion.
- Ability to express technical matters adequately, both orally and in writing.
- Teamwork within multi-functional project teams.
- Agility to work concurrently on multiple project teams.
- The ability to travel to other Videojet sites globally, such as China and the US.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available . Job Summary
Job number: R1108431
Date posted : 2020-02-18
Profession: STEM (Includes IT)
Employment type: Full time
Job found on: