Salary: To be confirmed in job offer
Reporting To: Registered Manager and Directors
Main Purpose of Job:
* Maintain safe running of the home in the absence of Registered Manager.
* To be responsible for monitoring and encouraging good practice and safeguarding children/young people in our care, in accordance with statement of purpose, company ethos, policy and procedures and reporting back to the Registered Manager.
* The Deputy will be required to maintain a continuous supervision, developing and reporting within the service.
* You will be required to maintain a high level of communication with the Registered manager and may be required to attend and participate in management meetings.
* Maintain documents and records within the home.
* Monitor and review policies/procedures and risk assessments.
* Provide care for children/young people in residence, supporting and contributing to the individual assessment and reviews of the individual needs and the implementation of plans for their future.
* Support the child/young person in achieving their daily living needs and promoting living skills.
* Be actively part of safeguarding the young people within and away from the home and reporting any concerns, following policy and procedure.
* Ensure Health & Safety is being adhered to by all individuals within the home.
Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks:
* A level of flexibility is required to work shift patterns, including day shifts, evening shifts and sleeping-in duties.
* Managing and leading the team, maintaining safety within the home in the absence of the Registered Manager.
* Providing person centred care for the children and young people working within the team and individually.
* Being active in the Care planning and reviewing process for children and young people.
* Liaising and maintaining a high level of communication both within the organisation and externally; with relatives, other significant people and outside agencies.
* Request and arrange reviews and meetings with external agencies when necessary, ensuring all relevant parties are involved.
* Forming relationships with young people which will support the care and assessment process and encourage them to participate fully in the opportunities offered by the home and organisation.
* Participating in the formal assessment process, providing oral and written contributions to reports where appropriate.
* Keep up to date of developments in trends, guidance, standards, company policies in theory and practice of caring for our young people and children.
* Ensuring and encouraging all staff are working within policy and procedures and maintain health and safety practice within the home.
* Being familiar and up to date with company policies and procedures.
* Taking an active part and may be required to lead team meetings.
* Participating and encourage others to access training programmes.
* Sourcing and accessing relevant training methods.
* Monitor and audit of finances within the home.
* Being fully aware of racial, cultural and religious issues and anti-oppressive practice.
* Actively promoting the role of the home.
* Supporting recruitment processes when required.
* Supervising the staff team and providing feedback to the Registered Manager.
• This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check being carried out.
• The duties described in this Job Description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy
Job found on: