Salary: To be confirmed in job offer
The Registered Manager of Glenroyd residential home for children and young people is to ensure that high quality care within the homes are provided. To contribute to the protection and safeguarding of children at all times. To promote education, health and wellbeing of Children and Young People.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* To provide leadership and management of residential home and to represent and promote the service in internal and external settings.
* To ensure the home complies with all standards and legislative requirements and lead on inspections. This includes Children’s Home Regulations, Children’s Homes Quality Standards and organisation policies, procedures and guidance.
* To promote advocacy, voice and support opportunities, which will ensure that children and young people participate in the decision making that affect them and their voices influence the decisions that develop, shape and improve practices within the home.
* To promote a therapeutic approach and ensure an understanding of early years and developmental trauma is accessed and provided to the staff team.
* To provide regular, reflective and supportive supervision for staff with a commitment to continuous growth and development, in order to ensure that the values and ethos of the service are upheld, and workers are enabled to deliver the service to a high standard.
* To work with a range of external agencies and professionals including CAMHS, Education and Police as and when required.
* Develop and review the Statement of Purpose. Monitor and maintain standards against in line with Children’s Homes Regulations and implement quality assurance systems including care plans, risk assessments and regulation 44 reports. Source external agencies to carry out where necessary.
* To manage recruitment and selection processes and have financial responsibility in relation to the homes budget.
* Continuously monitor, review and develop the service in line with standards to gain positive results from Ofsted inspections.
* To provide flexible management cover, including out of hours, when required to meet specific needs.
The manager must register with Ofsted and ‘pass’ the ‘Fit Person’ interview. A Disclosure and Barring Service check at an Enhanced level is required
Job found on: