This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT Desktop Support Technician to join an established business in Bexhill on an initial 2-3 month contract.
**Please note that this is an on site position and not remote**
Hourly Rate: £10 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 5:30pm
You will be responsible for the logging, triage, resolution or escalation of all issues reported to the IT Service Desk team as well as the execution of Colleague requests and tasks to maintain business as usual activities that require the intervention of or support from the 2nd line team
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
Deliver a 1st class IT support experience to the company's users
Troubleshoot and resolve user IT support requests in a professional and efficient manner within agreed SLA's
Provide customer focused 1st and 2nd line support
Responsible for resolving, triaging or escalating incidents or requests assigned to the team based on experience, capability and skill-set
Drive the transfer of 2nd Line tasks to 1st Line colleagues using FTF (First Time Fix) techniques and knowledge sharing through training, education, coaching and documentation
· Actively participate in task delivery as required, and ensure agreed objectives are delivered to time, budget and appropriate quality levels
Managing high-pressured situations in an appropriate manner, ensuring that standards of work are maintained and deadlines are met
Skills Knowledge & Experience
· Analytical approach to troubleshooting.
· Extensive practical experience of service provisioning, customer engagement or a Service Desk 2nd Line environment.
· Extensive practical experience of a number of IT areas e.g. network, infrastructure and desktop hardware, operating systems and applications.
· ITIL Service Foundation Certificate V2 or V3 desirable but not compulsory.
· MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) or similar desirable
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK
Job found on: