This role reports directly into the Chairman of the Company. The purpose of this role is to provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the Chairman and other Directors as required. The successful candidate will also assist the Security Controller in ensuring that all aspects of Company security are handled correctly and in line with procedural requirements.
Duties will include:
* Daily control of electronic diary and calendar.
* Monitor and filter telephone calls for the Chairman
* Dictation/action of correspondence (letters, email, etc.)
* Receive visitors and arrange visit programmes and organise hospitality as required.
* Arrange internal/external meetings and prepare agendas and minutes where necessary.
* Arrange weekly travel schedule and travel arrangements (hotels, itineraries, passports, visas, currency and travel documentation, car hire etc.) for Chairman/Directors and other staff as required.
* Arrange health advice i.e. vaccinations etc. for foreign travellers.
* Maintain filing system.
* Close Liaison with Company Auditors and Accountants.
* Process vetting applications for security clearance.
* Maintain accurate records and document register of vetting information for audit purposes.
* Monitor physical and document security. Initiate and acknowledge Security Aspects letters when required.
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
* Experience of working at Executive level.
* Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and organise others.
* Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
* Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
* Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
* Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the Company. Shorthand writing skills are desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance
Job found on: