We are currently recruiting for a Chef to join our clients at a school on the outskirts of Hastings.
The kitchens are 5-star hygiene rated, and all the food is prepared daily by the team of chefs.
The menu caters for a variety of diets and is international in its make up.
The successful candidate will be one that has at least BTEC Level 2, is able to run a shift with confidence and must have bulk catering experience
Duties of the full-time Chef include:
* Preparing dishes from the menu to a high standard, meeting the specifications set out by the school and head chef.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the work station, including washing up and disinfecting.
* Monitoring and replenishing kitchen stock levels.
* Preparing ingredients prior to cooking.
* Provide feedback and suggestions on the menu to the Head Chef.
* Ensure that food is produced to a high standard, carrying out quality checks before serving.
* Comply with Kitchen Hygiene regulations and adhere to the health and safety policy.
* Ensure first-in, first-out food rotation and verify products are properly dated and organized.
* Ensure food presentation is carried out to a high standard.
* Prepare food for events and functions, liaising with the required departments to satisfy their requirements.
* Provide a full meal service, supplying breakfasts, midday meals and dinner as well as drinks.
Salary based on experience.
Driving licence and own transport is required due to location.
Our aim is to try and respond to all applications, however, this is not always possible. Therefore, please be advised that if you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application for this particular role has been unsuccessful.
We do also offer candidates a free employability service where you can access careers advice and training courses, please do not hesitate to contact us on (phone number removed) if you feel that this would be of interest to you
Job found on: