We are looking for a someone who not only is passionate about supporting people with a learning disability, but someone who also shares an interest in superheroes, video games and aircraft.
In Bradford you will be supporting 3 gentlemen to live independent and active lives. These gentlemen have a wide range of support needs and interests between them, which will make your role varied and interesting. You will be actively involved in promoting and encouraging them to make their own choices in everything they do.
Shifts are on a rota basis and include weekends. Shifts are various lengths between 7am-10pm and involve rota`d sleep in shifts.
What can you bring to the role?
- Positive and confident attitude
- Sense of humour
- Ability to work as part of a team and lone work
- Strong value base
- Good local knowledge
-Support on breaks away
- An interest in superheroes, video games or aircraft.
What you will be supporting with?
- Personal care and moving & handling
- Maintaining their home
- Developing new hobbies
- Supporting the gentlemen to go swimming, to the gym and to fly remote controlled helicopters
- Planning meals, shopping involvement and cooking meals
- Supporting with health appointments and medication administration
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
You do not need to have a driving licence or experience in this sector to apply, but you will need to share our Mencap values and be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability
Job found on: