Here at Mencap we hold dear to us our five core values which underpin all that we do within our work. Our values are to be Caring, Challenging, Positive, Inclusive and Trustworthy. Are these values that you feel you could help us to achieve?
We have new opportunities for someone who enjoys being active and loves listening to music. In Allerton, Bradford you will be supporting 4 young ladies who are living independently for the first time. They have a wide range of support needs and interests between them, which will make your role varied and interesting. You will be actively involved in promoting and encouraging the ladies we support to make their own choices in everything they do.
What can you bring to the role?
- Positive attitude
- Sense of humour
- Strong value based
- Enjoys getting out and about
- Good knowledge of local activities
- An interest in wrestling, music, theatre, horse riding and swimming trips
What you will be supporting with?
- Personal care and moving & handling
- Keeping the ladies' house clean and tidy
- Developing hobbies, interest in local community including swimming, horse riding, attending events such as WWE as well as supporting with swimming & horse riding
- Planning menus, shopping, support to prepare and cook meals
- Keeping healthy
- Support to medical appointments
- Supporting individuals to manage relationships
General shift timings are 7am - 3pm and 3pm - 10.30pm with some variations particularly at weekends. Nights are not included in this role.
Ultimately we are looking for someone with a 'can-do` attitude, who is enthusiastic, patient, has good transferable skills, and most importantly who is committed and passionate about changing the lives of people with learning disability. If you are looking for a real meaning and purpose to your job, please apply today
Job found on: