Our client, an award winning Internet Service Provider providing managed services to companies across the UK, requires a full-time Network Technician. The role is based in Hastings, East Sussex.
The Network technician will be an experienced problem-solver, a good communicator and with a proven track record in delivering technical solutions to clients. They will also have a positive and professional attitude, get on well with colleagues and take pride in their own performance.
Main duties will include providing support to business clients, in particular those requiring Microsoft Cloud Services, data centre hosting and server infrastructure, alongside business grade connectivity.
Our client is a specialist ISP with a range of different customers of all sizes across the UK who do particularly interesting things with connectivity. They are ISO27001 certified and take data security very seriously. The Network Technician will need to go through an Enhanced DBS check due to the nature of the work they do. The lovely thing is that, bar members of the sales team, the staff work together on one site in St Leonards overlooking the sea.
The team is a group of technical people some who have come through the apprentice route, some who have more experience, but they all have the customer’s interest at heart. That is the key responsibility - a can do attitude with a desire to get it right first time for the customer, many of whom come to know the staff by name.
No two days are the same, bar the fact that customers contact them by phone or email and they move quickly as a company. They have processes and procedures to follow but also the opportunity to train up and bring new ideas to the fore. Sometimes the office appears quiet and peaceful but underneath the surface there is a lot of thinking going on.
Their values are: “We are considerate of our customers and of each other; we are straightforward and act with integrity; we drive ideas forward and never stand still”. Everyone in the business is expected to deliver against these values and a sense of humour is appreciated. They are a business supporter of the De La Warr Pavilion and the Little Gate Farm charity and keen on providing work experience opportunities to those from local schools who may wish to choose IT as their career.
The technology they use is Cisco-based and they invest in R&D to deliver products. The projects are customer-driven and the Network Technician will be assigned to them when appropriate to their skill set. Hiring is due to company growth and this role has come up due to promotion. There is scope for promotion and professional development and job security is in your hands.
They score highly on a credit rating and they are not exposed to relying on one key customer.
On the job training is offered, but the Network Technician is also expected to take a keen interest in their own development.
* At least 5 years of experience of working in a technical role
* A proven track record in delivering customer projects on time
* Experience of delivering technical support to customers in a cloud environment
General skills required of the Network Technician:
* Problem-solving skills with the ability to think independently
* Good communicator with strong customer care skills, including the ability to think commercially
* Must be a team player as the candidate will be expected to work closely with the sales and provisioning teams, as well as technical colleagues
* Ability to live company values, follow company processes and record information accurately numerate and literate with an excellent attention to detail
* Full UK driving licence
Technical skills required of the Network Technician:
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and AWS with accreditation an advantage
* Good knowledge of Cisco with accreditation an advantage
* Excellent understanding of data security
Apply for the role of Network Technician
Job found on: