Our client is a large operation based in Witney and your role as Catering Assistant will be to assist within a canteen style service with salad bar.
Duties for the role of Catering Assistant include:
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
- Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.
- Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.
- Helping the chef get ready for service by preparing food. Catering assistants may be expected to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher, general washing up.
- Helping to serve meals to customers
Previous experience within a kitchen is advantageous for the role of Catering Assistant but not essential and all applicants will be considered. It is more important you have a good work ethic, enjoy being part of a team, can work in a fast paced environment and are looking to up skill and progress.
A basic food hygiene certificate is desirable and good verbal English is essential due to health and safety.
This is a temp to perm opportunity for the right...
Job found on: