Cost Accountant - Manufacturing Sector
Cove are proud to be working with a fantastic manufacturer with a conscience, focused on leaving a greener world and innovators of tomorrow's technology. This is your chance to join them.
- Responsible for the financial administration of raw material, WIP and finished goods inventory.
- Recording of day to day transactions relating to all aspects of cost of sales, other production cost, inventory and fixed assets.
- Completion of monthly Inventory balance sheet account reconciliation to GL, ensuring any differences are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead the stock count exercise as needed including year-end.
- Gather, analyse and interpret data to determine all production costs of business activity, including material, labour, overhead & variances.
- Ensure all the assets (fixed assets and inventory) are secure.
- Ad hoc analysis of data related to any aspect of operational costs and items sold.
- Develop pricing models and identify opportunities for improvement
- Pricing analysis, determine cost and margin on specific products
- Design and implement internal controls and procedures.
- Assist with the year-end audit process and production of the internal and external accounts.
- Assist in preparation of the business forecasts and budget process.
- Act as a link between production, finance and other administration functions.
- Involvement in planned IT system implementation and ongoing use of Oracle NetSuite.
- Assist in the project management, process development, set up, testing and data migration of Oracle NetSuite.
Skills & Experience:
- You will be a part-qualified or qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with previous experience in a cost accountant position.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing or distribution environment is highly desirable.
- Preferably educated to a degree level
- You will have strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Ability to summarise and present complex issues
- Effective communication skills at multiple levels.
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Oracle, Sage or similar finance and ERP systems
- Experienced user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Full driving licence, some travel may be required.
This is a chance for you to join organisation making headway in the distribution of sustainable packing solutions. Please contact us to discuss this role in more depth. You can apply for this position with your most recent CV.
We take your Data Rights seriously. Please read through the below to understand how we treat your data.
Cove Recruitment Ltd. (R1 Pine Suite, Mamhilad House, Mamhilad Park Estate, Pontypool, NP4 0HZ,) has collected and stored your resume and contact details.
We process this data for recruitment purposes only. We are storing this data in our Applicant Tracking System, and we will not share it with anyone else without your consent.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. [We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you.] When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles.
Job found on: