We have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join one of the UK's leading manufacturers of concrete based building products.
This days position will be based around the Bedford area.
- Your key responsibilities will be to provide Mechanical support to ensure performance of all production and plant machinery.
You will be involved in the upkeep of various systems and equipment on site including daily tasks such as:-
- changing belts, bearings, gear boxes, motors, contacts, sensors, switches and relays.
- Carrying out day to day maintenance, strip down, rebuilds, planned preventative maintenance on automated machinery.
- PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance)
- Fabrication and Welding
The suitable Mechanical Engineer will have completed an Apprenticeship/HNC/HND or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- You will possess a high standard of mechanical knowledge
- Your experience can be gained from any automated manufacturing background but heavy industry experience would be a benefit.
The Engineering team is small consisting of 4 long serving engineers. This role would suit candidates looking to join a steady, well established team.
Suitable titles may include: Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Multi-Skilled Technician, Shift Engineer, Maintenance Fitter.
£30 - £33k
Days Monday - Friday 07.00 - 16.30
25 Days Holiday + Bank Hols
Job found on: