Salary Scale £40,000-£50,000 (negotiable for the right person)
Excellent compnay benefits.
My client, a very well established, successful growing business is seeking a Prduction Manager for their site in Brafrod.
This is a senior key appointment within the business and the successful candidate will have several years experience in a similar role.
Experience within the signage, steel fabrication or manufacturing industry is very advantageous.
* Day to day progressing jobs through the factory, whilst monitoring hours worked against estimates on a daily basis
* Monitoring the quality of daily work output
* Manage and chair daily production meetings
* Liase with the Installation and Maintenance managers, reference daily workloads and their requirements
* Liase with pre-production planning, reference all aspects of production and programming
* Manage and take responsibility for H&S within the factories
* Control all aspects of shopfloor production in each factory
* Review and monitor nightshift
* Plan for succession and movment in all key areas of shopfloor production, particularly around critical machinery
* Ensure production meets agreed installation dates
* Manage shopfloor staff including :- recruitment, staff development, discipline and mentoring
* Liase with sales, to ensure that critical dates according to client requirements are achieved
* Liase with procurement and pre-production, reference all subcontract elements to ensure that timeframes, price objectives and quality standards are all achieved
* Horizon scan reference processes, equipment, staff and best practice.
* Identify and promote training requirements
* Motivate, encourage and develop the shopfloor teams skill sets
* Ensure the shopfloor team is flexible and meets tight deadlines as necessary
* Flexible approach to hours and ensure shopfloor team have same approach
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Identify development opportunities for teams
* Knowledge of manufacturing and production techniques
* Ability to share knowledge and develop team
* People management skills
* Full understanding of materials and their usage/limitations
* Awareness of installation techniques and requirements
* Basic Microsoft Office and production system understanding
An excellent team player with the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with their peers.
Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others.
Work well under pressure
Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
Acute attention to detail
Strong planning and negotiation skills
Problem solver can work leading a team and within a team
Pro active people manager able to make decisions
Able to continually evaluate performance and improvement in terms of staff performance, machinery, training, personnel levels, workload, and information feedback
Job found on: