My client is seeking an experienced estimator with experience gained in signage, construction, shop fitting or manufacturing.
You will have a minimum of two years experience as an estimator who wishes to join a well established growing bsuiness where future development and progression are available.
Role & Responsibilities
Day to day
* Working from a bill of quantities or a set of drawings from the client & transposing into an estimate
* Managing estimating in its entirety by overseeing the estimating inbox from one off enquiries to large scale tenders.
* Turning around estimates quickly in order to allow project managers to respond with quotations on the same/next day to their customers, if possible.
* Clear communication & briefing of the estimate to the project manager before handing the estimate over
* Obtaining & logging the selling price on the system so that the figure is available for sales to form their quotation to the client on Route Production.
* Ensuring that the Project managers are selecting the estimates on Route Production as & when the job becomes ‘live’.
* Expanding the estimating library with new products and/or new manufacturing techniques/technology.
* Maintaining & keeping up to date estimates already in the system.
* Liaising with the relevant department heads to use their knowledge and build up your own.
* Educating sales on the function of the ‘Quotations’ tab on Route Production & assisting them with the process of raising quotations through this feature (which is linked to the estimating library).
* Managing the user permissions on the Template system
* Producing quality submissions along with estimates for bids
* Utilise computer technology to price and change bids
* Building up relationships with Buttefields suppliers to obtain competitive prices
Day to day
* Assessing materials, labour and equipment required whilst analysing quotes received from suppliers (sub-contractors where necessary)
* Getting the best prices to win contracts in a competitive bidding environment
This is full time role, 37.5 hours per week
Job found on: