Master Production Scheduler – Production Planner - £45,000 - £50,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our clients market leading Manufacturer. Working in a vibrant and focussed environment working alongside a team of people that are empowered to make a difference within a specific industrial market.
This permanent position, Mon to Thurs 8am – 16:30 and Fri 8am – 13:00.
Your new role:
* Responsible for the creation of the production plan though advanced knowledge of planning methods and Preactor.
* Assuring a plan that is realistic for production by relentlessly driving data integrity and process compliance across the supply chain functions of Planning, Procurement, and Warehouse.
* Whilst not a direct manager of the end-to-end supply chain, the individual needs to collaborate across all functions to drive high performance in OTIF.
* Cardiff has lost expertise in this area and the team need an experienced MPS with knowledge of all supply chain functions.
S2S targets for the role include;
* Schedule adherence to be increased from 38% % to >70% within 3 months
* OTIF by lines to be increase from 66% to >90% within 6 months
* Reduce overdue orders from £400K to £50K over 4 months
* Increase standard range in stock from 91% to 95% within 3 months
Roles & Responsibilities
* Releasing of MO proposals within M3
* Updating Preactor with the necessary inputs to create an achievable production plan (e.g. machine performance, holidays, downtime)
* Creating production schedules by work centre
* Creation and updating of the capacity plan
* Leading the operational inputs to the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process
Skills, Knowledge, Experience Required
* Master Production Scheduling in a manufacturing facility, ideally with a mix of make to stock and engineer to order products
* Production scheduling of a multi-cell / shared resource production facility
* Experience of running a Preactor planning system essential
* Knowledge of wider Supply Chain Management practices and theory a benefit
* Ideally degree educated in advance manufacturing operations or supply chain management
* Full time permanent position, 37.5 hours
* Salary negotiable, dependant on experience
* Pension, up to 7.5%
* Company laptop included
Job found on: