Legal Cashier / Accounts Assistant -Newport
Our client a leading law firm is looking to appoint a Legal Cashier to join the Newport office on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the office and client account records in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Ensuring the electronic transfer of monies is carried out in accordance with authorised instructions and in accordance with CLC/Solicitors Accounts Rules;
- Monitoring the bank line for receipts of funds coming in to the bank accounts and releasing funds to various beneficiaries as requested;
- Checking completion statements for property teams to ensure there are adequate cleared client funds to cover payments;
- Checking and posting transactions to ledgers;
- Checking the Office Account credits;
- Ensuring medical agency and introducers are paid as required; and
- Assisting and posting transactions to the client ledgers.
The role will involve working to deadlines therefore...
Job found on: