Job Title: Customer Services Officer
Salary: £17000 - £17500 per annum
The Customer Services Officer will have responsibility for ensuring that customer contact is maintained with all relevant customers within their agreed area of operations, and where necessary customers in general.
By maintaining good relationships with customer’s the role will help ensure that the Company achieves its sales and production output targets.
Specific duties to include:
* Following up contact with customers to obtain, where necessary, order numbers for outstanding quotes.
* Answering telephone calls from customers and third parties and prioritising as required.
* Reviewing their own and generic mailboxes to ensure customer orders and notifications are promptly addressed and prioritised.
* Process orders received from customers
* Confirm quotes and prices to customers
* Ensure customers are made aware of the progress of their work, including any potential delays, including liaison with the Engineering department on customer communications.
* Researching potential future customers and liaising with external sales staff to develop opportunities
* Developing relationships with customers in order to understand their requirements and maximise income for the Company by generating additional sales income.
Continuing Professional Development
* To participate in training and development activities to ensure own continuing professional development.
* To carry out self-study to ensure own knowledge remains current as appropriate.
* To continuously reflect on own performance and constantly strive to do better.
* To contribute to changes to processes and procedures which will enable the company to improve its efficiency and profitability.
* To ensure that technical knowledge and awareness of the industry is at a level to allow communication with internal and external staff at appropriate levels and to enable commercial judgements to be made on quotes provided to customers.
* To work with the Sales Team to maximise income from Sales leads and customer development opportunities within designated areas of operation.
* To assume any other tasks and duties required by the business, commensurate with level of role.
* To model Company expectations through own behaviour and in all verbal and written communications.
* To ensure that Paperwork is produced and filed in a timely manner and in line with agreed targets.
* To contribute to the overall development of the Company.
* Ensure that all objectives and operational plans within own area of responsibility link with the strategy, vision and objectives of the organisation.
* Comply with and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
* Motivate and support people within own area to achieve their work and development objectives and provide recognition when they are successful.
* To liaise with purchasing and logistics departments to ensure workflow is maximised and costs minimised.
* Work with the sales Team to develop an understanding of the customer base and provide proactive support for the Sales Managers, including attendance, where appropriate, at relevant meetings.
* Deliver Key Performance Targets as agreed on an annual basis as part of KPI review.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Technically proficient
* PC Literate – basic level of skill required.
* High level of professionalism.
* Willingness to embrace feedback, learn from results and take responsibility for personal development to acquire new skills and share knowledge.
* Self motivated and results orientated.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills.
Please contact Joshua Ali to be considered for this role
Job found on: