Our client is a leading industrial services provider have an excellent opportunity through growth and expansion for a Head of Engineering. The head of Engineering will manage a portfolio of projects and is responsible for ensuring that all quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved. They will also ensure and continue to create a safe working culture within the project team and the wider environment. You will also be required to support business development activity related to engineering within the region
* Ensure safe and responsible working and full compliance with Company and Client Safety procedures
* Ensures compliance with the latest CDM regulations, champion “hazards removed by design” and, where appropriate, act as the Principal Designer.
* Ensure Safety, Health & Environmental protection are inherent in the engineering designs produced
* Coordinate engineering discipline functions and ensure inter-discipline and wider design reviews are coordinated and completed. Including co-ordination with head office and wider Bilfinger design capability
* Ensure constructability of design by ensuring relevant reviews are held with the stakeholders
* Ensure that engineering and designs are completed in full compliance with legislative, the organisations and client regulations and standards
* Manage the technical queries and requests for information with the clients
* Coordinate and manage all third party approvals of engineering and design packs
* Coordinate and manage formal process safety assessments (HAZID, HAZOP, SWDS etc.)
* Liaise directly with Clients, Project Managers and other disciplines within the business to ensure design encompasses all project stakeholders’ scope requirements.
* Ensures that queries from the construction team and others are handled efficiently, in a timely manner.
* Attend and contribute to constructability and hazard identification (HAZCON) reviews
* Coordinate the provision of design and engineering support during fabrication and construction activities
* Coordinate and collate as-built information and complete all necessary information for the final handover databooks
* Manages a portfolio of design projects for the companies Clients or reporting to a relevant Project Manager.
* Provide design cost estimates and programmes to the estimating team and/or Project manager.
* Responsible for successful delivery of all engineering and design projects to meet Clients technical standards, on time and on budget
* In liaison with the Project Control department, prepares and maintains project control documentation including project schedules, budgets, cost monitoring and reporting, risk and change management.
* Prepare and present regular progress reports for engineering and design
* Support procurement activities in projects, taking the lead on procurement of technical equipment and supporting installation subcontract activities (approved data sheets, organising and attending FATs etc.)
* Manage the technical queries and requests for information with the original equipment manufacturers
* Liaise closely with project logistics and construction management to ensure equipment deliveries are coordinated
* Act as a discipline engineer in home discipline when required/appropriate
* Support business development within the region – attend meetings with potential clients, present our capability, develop our capability, and support/lead tendering activities
HND or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Essential)
Formal Project Management training from Association of Project Managers (APM) or similar (preferred)
Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
At least 10 years-experience of managing engineering design of multiple projects within an applicable sector
Sound engineering background
Experience of delivery of engineering projects on operational/brownfield sites
Good knowledge of relevant regulations, e.g. ATEX/DSEAR, CDM, PED/PER etc.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
Job found on: