An opportunity has arisen for a well organised and motivated individual to join the friendly and helpful warehouse team within an NHS service in Oxford.
Grade: Band 2
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Duration: Up to 3 Months
Hours: 37.5 Hours PW
Brief description of role:
• To be responsible for storage and distribution of pharmaceutical products according to local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), terms and conditions of Wholesale Dealers Licence & Follow Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
• Ensure all Pharmaceutical stock is kept in the correct environmental conditions and keep records in accordance with departments SOP's
• To assemble picking lists, and to ensure that products are distributed in appropriate containers. This will involve moving of heavy items to the delivery area as appropriate.
• Disposal of pharmaceutical waste according to local procedures and Health and Safety considerations.
• To carry out regular stock checks according to local procedures.
• To carry out temperature monitoring where necessary.
• To assist in the processing of invoices/delivery notes.
Understanding of importance of accuracy with respect to medicines distribution, stock control and record keeping, ability to move/lift bulky (and sometimes heavy) stock utilising the appropriate equipment, experience of working in a busy environment and /or working under pressure, ability to work well as a team member and awareness of clinical governance processes and need for accuracy.
Willing to undertake relevant additional training such as forklift truck driving, Fire Marshall and /or relevant H7S training, organised, good attention to detail, adaptable/flexible approach, well-motivated & able to meet deadlines when requested.
Applicants should be confident in their own abilities and keen learners in order to fulfil the role to the best of your ability. If this sounds like you, and if you want to discuss the role further then please contact Tom at Service Care Solutions Ltd on 01772 208963, or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com
Job found on