An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR adviser to join an NHS establishment in Norwich. You will be required to ensure the provision of a comprehensive Human Resources Service to designated Trust Directorates that is efficient, effective and accessible; and to contribute to the continued enhancement of people management practices that support the delivery of Trust business objectives.
Job Title: HR Advisor
Pay: £16-17 LTD
Hours: Monday - Friday 9-5
Contract: 3 Months Ongoing
To provide specialist Human Resources advice to Trust managers, in accordance with current employment legislation, the Trust's agreed policies and procedures, Trust values and good employment practices. Working in partnership with staff side colleagues to facilitate staff engagement and involvement
Your new company
You will be working for a leading NHS establishment paying £16-17 LTD
Roles & Responsibilities
HR Support (under supervision of HR Business Partner)
To draft or proof read correspondence for Managers to ensure compliance with current employment law as well as Trust polices and procedures on HR issues.
• To provide advice to Managers on Employment Law issues.
• To ensure compliance and consistency with HR policies and procedures and best practice.
• To advise managers and staff in relation to Terms and Conditions of Service.
• To advise Appointing Officers regarding legal/illegal work status and points based immigration requirements.
• To arrange sponsorship certificates and Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom.
• To advise candidates and managers regarding removal expenses.
• To advise staff and managers regarding temporary and permanent injury allowances and ill health retirement.
• The post holder is required to interpret Trust HR Policy and Employment Law.
• To offer advice and support on a range of HR issues e.g. sickness absence, capability, grievances, disciplinaries, redundancies.
• To provide support to HR Business Partners for delegated aspects of projects and policy development.
• To run reports from the HR/payroll system to provide absence and other workforce statistics to Locality/Service Managers.
• Criminal Records Bureau countersignatory; participate in identity checks.
• To be responsible for ensuring the updating and effective use of all HR systems, databases and processes for workforce data storage and retrieval, analysis and reporting within own sphere of responsibility.
• Occasionally sitting on appointment panels
• To provide advice and support to managers on non-complex change management.
• To refer complex case management on to HR Business Partner.
• To undertake Agenda for Change job evaluation.
• To work flexibly to support the work of the HR Business Partner Team and Service as a whole.
• In a rota with colleagues, to present the HR section of the Trust's induction programme.
• Provide advice to managers and staff on Agenda for Change terms and conditions of employment, Human Resource policies and procedures, employment legislation, pay, work life balance initiatives available, conditions of service and contractual matters, ensuring up-to-date knowledge of Agenda for Change and/or other changes introduced in addition to existing terms.
Applicants should be confident in their own abilities and keen learners in order to fulfil the role to the best of your ability. If this sounds like you, and if you want to discuss the role further then please contact Tom at Service Care Solutions Ltd on 01772 208963, or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job found on