Role Description: Medical Assessment and Reporting Opportunity for Nurses (RMN, RNLD, RMN), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists or Paramedics.
In partnership with NHS Lanarkshire, sjb medical is recruiting experienced Registered Nurses to undertake face to face functional assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). As a clinical assessor, you will be analysing how an individual's disabilities or impairments impact on their activities of daily living and producing detailed reports based on these assessments. Upon commencement of employment, you will receive full training inclusive of e-learning and personal mentoring. By joining this organisation, you will be offered excellent prospects for career progression and professional development. Based in Dumfries, this opportunity is available on a full-time basis of 5 days per week.
Key responsibilities as a Registered Nurse/AHP PIP Clinical Assessor:
* Carrying out face to face PIP disability assessments for a broad range of clinical scenarios
* Delivering an excellent standard of customer service, treating claimants with respect and performing assessments in a supportive manner
* Communicating assessment outcomes by producing a high standard of written report
* Undertaking other duties as required on request of senior staff This is an NHS Band 6 position; benefits of the role include:
* Joining a multi-disciplinary organisation that encourages opportunities for personal development
* Partaking in a multi-stage induction programme and further receiving 4 protected study days per annum
* Twice annual opportunity for pay enhancement, 1 spinal point and 1 national pay increase
* Regular opportunities to work closely with your managers all of whom are experienced clinicians
* Holiday entitlement of 27 working days, rising to 29 working days after 5 years service and 33 days after 10 years service + 8 bank holidays
* An excellent NHS pension scheme that is one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK
* A range of flexible benefits including occupational health and counselling services To be considered for this position you should meet the following criteria:
* NMC registered Nurse, with a minimum of 2 years post registration experience
* Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills and basic IT abilities (MS Word)
* Hold appropriate knowledge of the clinical aspects of a wide range of health conditions
* Be highly organised and able to plan your own workload Applications are also welcomed from HCPC registered Occupational Therapists, Paramedics and Physiotherapists.
Job found on