Spot on Recruitment are working in partnership with a well-known manufacturer in the Sheffield area for a Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis. Our client is looking for an individual who will repair and maintain machinery in order for the business to reach their production output.
The role will involve the following:-
- Installation & commissioning of new equipment.
- Servicing and maintenance of a variety of CNC machine tools & automated production lines.
- Able to read and work to engineering drawings
- General assembly & machining techniques; proficient with most/all machines within area of work.
- Reporting machine faults.
- Carry out repairs unsupervised
- Planning repairs on a yearly basis so as not to impact business production.
- Prioritising maintenance to maximise production output.
- Work to Company procedures and policies and Quality performance.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following attributes or skills:-
- Background within manufacturing/engineering
- Time served Mechanical Engineer; HNC (desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience of working to their own initiative, setting & meeting personal targets.
- Ability to adjust to workload priorities to take account of new deadlines.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- An understanding of the impact that down time has on the customer's and the business
- IT knowledge, including e-mail, Word, Excel, and SAP (desirable).
- Team Player with a flexible approach to workloads
Our client is offering a market leading salary of GBP26,000 with quarterly performance bonuses and an annual attendance bonus, a pay grading system in place that gives the candidate an opportunity to enhance their learning and development and most importantly the opportunity to be a part of a growing manufacturer who are going from strength to strength within the market. This role will work on a 3 shift system 5 days out of 7 with a 3 week rota working 37.5 hours per week.
Job found on