Our client is looking for a Sales and Lettings Administrator / Collections candidate to join their Cleckheaton office.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Sales and Lettings Administrator / Collections person is responsible for ensuring that all activities relating to property sales and lettings are undertaken in an efficient and courteous manner whilst adhering to company procedures. The role involves investigating queries raised by Franchisees on a daily basis, resolving these or escalating them where appropriate.
- Providing first line resolution of all issues and questions relating to their in-house CRM, and other third-party systems, as required in relation to sales and lettings
- Handling incoming enquiries from tenants, Franchisees and their teams by phone or email, ensuring they are responded to appropriately and that a high level of service is provided at all times
- Liaising with relevant team members to resolve any reported issues/problems
- Setting up new rental properties on in-house systems accurately, in preparation for tenancy processing
- Processing move-ins for all new tenants ensuring that they receive the appropriate paperwork and that direct debits are set up and deposits are lodged in line with legal requirements and company processes
- Processing all notice givens and move-outs, ensuring leaving tenants are provided with a final rent statements and direct debits are cancelled/amended as applicable. Ensure any card payments required for final rents are collected
- Lodging deposits and issue prescribed information as required
- Entering payments on to client accounting systems ensuring they are allocated to landlords/tenants as applicable
- Making payments to landlords and/or suppliers as required
- Monitoring housing benefit payments ensuring they are received and allocated to tenants' accounts
- Where discrepancies occur, liaising with housing benefit offices to resolve
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to landlord and supplier payments
- Organising annual gas checks, ensuring Franchisees are informed of any works required and certificates are uploaded
- Taking responsibility for the recovery of rent arrears, ensuring all appropriate policies and procedures are followed
- Monthly stationery and catering supplies ordering
- Undertaking any other tasks as requested by the Operations Manager in order to fulfil the needs of the business
- Attendance at conferences and shows as required (once or twice a year typically)
The ideal candidate for this Sales and Lettings Administrator / Collections role is a positive and confident candidate. Somebody who has good customer service and communication skills and is a capable IT user. An effective team player, but also somebody who is able to work well off their own initiative is essential. A debt collection background, or similar, would be an advantage for chasing up rent arrears.
You will be expected to attend relevant training courses to improve administration efficiency, and to build and maintain relationships within the head office team and with the franchisees. A candidate who is committed to doing a good job is important, and you will be expected to gain a thorough understanding of the company, and where possible make suggestions for improvements.
Candidates must have:
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Mac systems literate (or willing to learn)
- Excellent Organisational ability, able to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Confidence in dealing with suppliers and resolving any issues
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Confident with new technology and learning new systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to build rapport with ease
- Proactive approach, team orientated whilst able to use own initiative
- Thrives working in a busy role to set deadlines
- Strong administration and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Professional and personable, with a good sense of humour
- A "can do" attitude and unafraid to 'get stuck in'
- Keen to develop your skills, experience and career
- A flexible approach with a willingness to take on a diverse range of duties
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a commitment to providing fantastic service and going the extra mile is essential
- A background in lettings would be beneficial, but not essential (desired)
- A debt collection background, or similar, would be beneficial (desired)
GDPR Disclaimer: Please appreciate that whilst we review all CV's and applications, due to the high volume that we receive on a regular basis, we only respond to candidates that have been successful with their application. As such, if you do not hear from us within 14 working days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Additionally. please note that sending a CV does not constitute a registration with THE Agency (Recruitment) Limited. In line with GDPR we will permanently delete information for all unsuccessful applications and we will not keep candidate information on file for future vacancies at this stage of our process.
Job found on