Care Assistant - Days (36hrs pw)
£8.75 per hour plus paid breaks
Paid DBS & free uniform
Hartwood House is a stunning 50 bedded residential/nursing and dementia care home located in the pretty village of Lyndhurst.
Due to occupancy rising we are looking for reliable, compassionate carers to join our fantastic Team. We provide support and career development for our Carers as well as offering a great hourly salary, paid breaks and benefits.
Your role will be to provide individual care as required by each resident in order to meet their personal needs whilst ensuring that each person's dignity and individuality is upheld and their independence - choice and control is promoted at all times. You will help create a happy and caring atmosphere; which involves providing a wide range of general caring services and duties within the limits of personal experience and knowledge.
You will work with all types of residents receiving direct care. Your duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the residents but can include:
- Ensuring the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living, according to their individual needs.
- Paying particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitoring residents who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
- Promote the rights, dignity, privacy, respect, & choice to every resident when providing care.
- Support & encourage residents to maintain their independence with daily living.
- Observing care planning needs for residents and completing daily records as instructed and in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Assisting in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
- Answering Call bell system and giving assistance as required ensuring residents retain their comfort & dignity.
- Making Visitors feel welcome. Providing refreshments / assistance as and when required.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used by residents e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensuring the Home is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company's attention to detail philosophy
- Assisting residents who need help during meal times (and awareness of any swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assisting with serving of food & drinks as requested & required.
- Escorting residents travelling to and from the Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc., when requested.
- Support residents on admission to settle into their new home.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualifications if not willingness to study towards
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Job found on