Principal Engineer – Underwater Radiated Noise (Acoustic) Scotstoun
A Principal Engineer for Underwater Radiated Noise (Acoustic) is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our Defence client based in Scotstoun.
This is a 6-month contract with a UK leading Defence Company.
Overview of the Principal Engineer – Underwater Radiated Noise (Acoustic) contract role
To provide design guidance and implement design features in the vessel design to ensure that the ship’s Underwater Radiated Noise (URN) signature targets will be achieved. Work to providing advice and requirements to design engineers, compartment owners platform operations and supply chain.
* Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
* Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
* Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
* Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Act as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
* Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
* Ensure effective application of process in assigned areas, including supporting the design, modifications and improvements to processes in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs
* Interprets requirements from contract or other documentation producing specifications and/or instructions. Delivers cost effective data to budget and programme.
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer – Underwater Radiated Noise (Acoustic)
* Degree qualified within a technology, engineering or science related discipline
* Extensive experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
* Good working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
* Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
The role is based in Scotstoun Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Principal Engineer with Underwater Radiated Noise (Acoustic) experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on (url removed) or phone (phone number removed).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)
Job found on