IT Support Engineer / IT Engineer / IT Site Engineer / Site Operations Engineer
The Information Technology Division manages; implements and supports the overall technology requirements within the organisation. It provides a strategy, formulated in close alignment with the business, to deliver these requirements. It aims to establish a deep level of professionalism and confidence in the IT service, change delivery capability & overarching strategy.
The IT Operations team are responsible for availability and structured change to the IT environment. Fault diagnosis, monitoring and user support of all infrastructure services and associated projects within organisation. The team consists of a technical and competent group of technicians and support personnel.
The Site operations engineer is responsible for implementing change, upgrades and diagnosis within the Branch network, to ensure work is carried out to the appropriate quality and company standards and timescales. This will include supporting the growth of the organisation by assisting with on site IT activities for acquisitions, re-locations and upgrades as well as day to day end user faults, requests and infrastructure maintenance.
In respect of Infrastructure Architecture in the UK:
* Extending the company standard IT infrastructure and VoIP Platform across all offices.
* Installation of on site equipment including thin clients, printers, scanners and other office equipment
* Decommissioning legacy systems, this can be any platform.
* Liaising with suppliers and other external organisations.
Ensure Corporate Standards are deployed and maintained;
* Ability to lead an incident investigation through to timely resolution.
* Knowledge of planning projects e.g. tech refresh, office moves etc.
* Forward planning and ability to manage non-complex implementations.
* Excellent analytical & interpretive skills.
* Able to quickly identify potential problems and seek advice when required.
* Able to quickly grasp and interpret salient information.
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with other technical teams globally.
* Hands-on experience in large-scale 24/7 enterprise environments hosting hundreds of servers, complex networks and multiple locations.
* Knowledge and experience in high performance enterprise class computing environments.
* Extensive hands-on experience in the implementation, infrastructure based services, including high availability, site security and disaster recovery.
* Sound understanding of IT service Industry, functions and skill requirements.
* Able to take a proactive approach without the need for supervision
* Team player, well-organised, well-presented with strong analysis and excellent communication skills.
* Good time management and able to prioritise multiple streams of work.
* Able to follow existing processes, and proactively suggest improvements to them where appropriate.
* Willing to learn new skills as required.
* To work closely with the relevant Project Managers to drive the process forward, aid communication to ensure systems are delivered that both anticipate and satisfy business needs
Specific technical (essential):
2 years+ experience in an IT role working with Windows Server technology and networking, specifically Terminal Services, network switches, printers, scanners and telephone systems.
In-house standard software packages;
Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office packages: 2007, 2010 and 2016;
MobileIron Mobile Device Management
Apple products; Laptops, IPads, IPhones;
Computer & User Management in Active Directory;
Applying folder / files permissions;
Exchange 2010 admin;
Citrix 6.5 XenApp 6.5 and Citrix receiver and common issues;
BMC Remedy Service Desk software (or similar);
Service Desk procedure in line with ITIL v3 Best practice;
PC and Laptop hardware set up and configuration;
Installation of hardware & software including the recording of licenses;
Maintenance of hardware including liaison with third party suppliers/ contractors;
Managing of MFD printers;
Maintaining the BES accounts;
SCCM Maintenance + Use of LogMeIn Software for remote support;
Cable & patch management.
Optional/nice to have:
* Knowledge of all versions of Windows, Active Directory, DHCP, TCP/IP and basic networking skills, VOIP, Group Policy, Print Servers would be advantageous
Job found on