A mid-sized main contractor based in South Yorkshire; long-standing, privately owned and extremely profitable. Projects are typically £500k to £6m in value across various sectors including education, healthcare, leisure, commercial and industrial, new-build and refurbishment.
As part of their strategy for growth, they are looking to recruit an ambitious Quantity Surveyor.
Role & Responsibilities:
The role will be office based with visits to site(s) as required. Responsibilities will include the following:
* Measurement and valuation of works for valuations, variations and final accounts.
* Preparation and submission of interim valuations.
* Sub-Contract and design procurement.
* Sub-Contract payments, variations and final accounts.
* Cash flow and turnover forecasts.
* Cost value reconciliation reporting.
* Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Sub-Contract conditions.
* You will need to have a minimum of 3 years PQE working with a main contractor on either new-build or refurbishment projects. Projects worked on should be at least £1m in value, but ideally £2m - £4m.
* Capable of running multiple projects simultaneously.
* Sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
* Ideally degree or HNC qualified in quantity surveying or construction management related subject
Job found on