Special Needs Teacher (SEND Teacher-SEMH /PRU)
£100 - £110 daily rate
Depending on exp SEND Teacher (SEND Teacher-SEMH /PRU) for January
Are you an experienced SEN or SEND Teacher who is looking for a new opportunity?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with special needs children?
The School – Cardiff
Our Schools provides quality education for children with Challenging Behaviour who are receiving education outside of mainstream education: Pupil refferal units (PRU) Social emotional mental Health (SEMH) schools or in alternative provision settings including 1 to 1 tuition due to medical needs or mental health.
Person Specification -Special Needs Teacher (SEND Teacher-SEMH /PRU)
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Previous experience of teaching students with SEN. (SEMH/ PRU/Alternative education attachment and trauma issues)
• Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum.
• Skilfully able to plan effective lessons and differentiate based on each child individual needs.
• Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
• Reliable & punctual
• Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
• Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
• Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
• Ability to deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate running and physical intervention at times)
About the Role - Special Needs Teacher (SEND Teacher-SEMH /PRU)
• You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 3-6 students with Special Educational Needs (SEN- SEMH /challenging behaviour)
• You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
• You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff.
• You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum.
If you would like to work in this or any other SEN school then please email your updated CV to the below email address and our SEN team will be in touch as soon as possible. If this role isn't for you - but you are still looking for work. We still have plenty of roles available across the South Wales Office. We shall look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Job found on