Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Theatre Practitioners – Anaesthetic Assistant (Registered Nurses or Operating Department Practitioners) Band 5 Up to £29.6+ Excellent NHS Benefits
***RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE UP TO £4,000***
****SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES****
These posts are not suitable for newly qualified nurses as a specialist post basic qualification is required. Theatre Practitioners – Anaesthetic Assistants are required by North Bristol NHS Trust, one of the largest hospital Trusts in the UK. You will be a part of a talented and prospering team and will participate in all aspects of clinical operating department work, primarily supporting the anaesthetist and also providing support to the scrub & Mediroom teams as required.
You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary between £23,023 to £29,608k (AFC Band 5) – depending on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays between 8pm and 6am and 60% supplement for Sundays and Bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours
This is a full-time role but the Trust is open to hearing from practitioners seeking to negotiate a part-time opportunity; however, fixed hours cannot be guaranteed.
We offer flexible interview options – we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face –whichever is easiest for you.
WHY APPLY? This post is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and dynamic theatre service boasting 34 operating theatres and interventional suites delivering a wide range of innovative surgery. We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
We will offer you support in extending your skills through the following:
- An opportunity to work within a pioneering service- we are the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics
- Induction and orientation programme and a supernumerary period
- Regular in-house training programmes and free access to the NBT Theatre Conference Revalidation support for NMC/HCPC registrants
- Career development - the option for bespoke rotation packages across specialties, and a well-structured and supported preceptorship programme to help you achieve your career aspirations and realise your full potential.
- Relocation support available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email ( Email address removed ) for more details.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (eg Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)
THE ROLE As a Theatre Practitioner- Anaesthetic Assistant you will ensure the optimum delivery of skilled care and provide assistance to the anaesthetist during all surgical procedures.
Key duties will include:
- To act as the anaesthetic assistant for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
- To provide high quality, effective, Individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision.
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy.
- To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
- To support the theatre and Mediroom staff as and when required
- Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment.
- Take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines.
YOU The successful applicants will be Registered Nurses (NMC) with a specialist post basic qualification or Operating Department Practitioners (HPC).
You will also have:
- Knowledge of patient care needs during surgery
- The availability to work a full pattern of shifts, including late shifts, week-ends, nights and bank holidays
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of supporting students and novice staff
We offer flexible working in line with our flexible working policy.
Apply now! For more information, please email ( Email address removed ) or call 01174 145 975. If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
****This Role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend Scheme****
*Relocation- Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer.
For further details / informal visits contact:
( Email address removed ) or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 44597
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.
Those covered by the South West Employment Transition Framework who apply for this role will be considered in the third instance.
If no applicant is appointed from the above ‘at-risk’ pools, those from the open market will then be considered for shortlisting.
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel 0117 4141151.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
Please note that stringent pre-employment checks are undertaken on all successful applicants prior to commencement in post. Please refer to the ‘Information for Prospective Employees’ attachment for information relating to DBS charges.
We are committed to Equal Opportunity - Job Share Applications are welcomed.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see .
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Job found on