Are you an enthusiastic and ambitious Dietician looking for your next challenge? Do you want to join an established team and an organisation that truly lives its values? We are looking for a Dietician, to cover the services provided at Cygnet Hospital Bierley.
As part of one of the UK’s largest independent providers of mental health care, Cygnet Hospital Bierley is an exciting place to build your career. The hospital offers a range of inpatient services for adults. You’ll be joining a dynamic therapy team, with an absolute focus on delivering superior patient care through a range of proven models of treatment.
Our specially built hospital and first-class facilities are home to an integrated and multidisciplinary team. We provide care across four specialist wards, including psychiatric intensive care, Specialist Female Personality Disorder Service and a low security ward for women, and a men-only Low Secure Ward. In line with our focus on recovery and reintegration, our hospital is ideally located for access to local community facilities and step down settings within the Cygnet family.
Bronte Ward is a 12 bedded female low secure service and Shelley Ward is a 16 bedded low secure service. Bowling Ward is a 16 bedded female personality disorder service. As a secondary diagnosis, the majority of service users on this ward, have disordered eating which requires the input of a dietician. Denholme is a 15 bedded Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit for acutely unwell service users.
The post holder will report to the Lead Occupational Therapist.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting post or require any further information then please contact the recruitment team.
The different wards at Bierley present with differing dietetic needs, with the majority of work being among the longer stay service users on Bowling, Bronte and Shelley Wards.
- Weight management – Either the need to lose weight (tackling obesity) or the need to increase weight (Disordered eating programme)
- Current and previous dietary intake, eating habits and weight history
- Other eating disorder behaviour e.g. purging, use of laxatives and diuretics
- History of weight reducing diets, including family history of dieting
- Current nutritional knowledge and dietary rules e.g. calorie counting, times of eating, ritualistic behaviours, food combining, avoidance of fats and fatty foods
- Activity level and exercise
- Motivation to change and service user’s aims of treatment
- Calculation of nutritional requirements for weight maintenance and weight gain (if required)
- Treatment plan
- Dietetic care plans – advising staff on treatment
- Nutritional education
- Menus are not completed in conjunction with a dietician to ensure they are nutritionally appropriate for our client group.
- Quality improvement projects to prevent and manage unhealthy weight gain, overweight, obesity and metabolic syndrome in service users some of whom will be taking antipsychotic medication.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Experienced Dietician with HPCP Registration
- Capable to maintain documentation
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region
- Clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Job found on