Four Seasons Health Care are looking for an IT Technical Support Analyst with an excellent starting salary of up to £22,000 per year.
The appointee is responsible for taking calls on the Service Desk and resolving technical or IT training issues where possible. The role will need a strong technical background and experience working with our core technologies such as Citrix, Active Directory, Windows platforms, IP addressing etc. is a must.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Assist in first and second line support when request volumes are high
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
The essential knowledge and skills to have for the role of IT Technical Support Analyst are:
- Knowledge of laptop and desktop hardware, including Dell and HP desktops and laptops, mobile devices, thin client terminals and varied printing devices.
- Basic technical knowledge of internal computer components, including RAM, hard drives, motherboards, NIC cards etc.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Strong documentation skills
- Application support experience with Citrix, Windows
- Equipment support experience with Wyse terminals, mobile devices and telecoms equipment.
- Experience of working in a service desk environment
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1-2 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Computer related studies, MCP, A+, N+
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you would like to join our team and help to provide an excellent service please click on Apply now.
Job found on