SERVICE CARE SOLUTIONS are currently recruiting for a Principle IT consultant based in Hampshire.
Linux System Administrator - Contract
We are looking for an Linux Administrator engineer to assist with some infrastructure maintenance tasks.
You will be undertaking work across multiple platforms and will be based within a team of network and systems engineers carrying out service improvements and updates across the council's core infrastructure.
Your role will include:
• Server upgrade and client/policy migration of the council's enterprise anti-virus solution
• Patching of installed Linux operating systems & application packages
• Deployment of new anti-virus solution clients to the Linux server estate
• Build of new Red Hat Enterprise 7 servers and migration of services
Our infrastructure platforms are critical to the delivery of applications and services provided to the citizens of Hampshire and our partners. It is therefore essential that you have experience of assessing risk, following change management procedures and of working in an organisation that follows ITIL processes.
To be suitable for these opportunities; it is essential that you have knowledge & experience in:
• Linux Operating Systems (e.g. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or newer)
• Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions (e.g. McAfee)
• Software updates and patching
• Good communication & organisation skills with experience of working in a maintenance environment
Knowledge or experience of any of the following are also desirable:
• Experience of working with Citrix NetScaler Traffic Management for load balancing, WAF and/or to manage security protocols
• Dell or Cisco switching
• Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewall Policy management
• Vulnerability Scanning tools (e.g. Nessus or Qualys)
• Network Security principles
The contract is initially for 3 months, with a view to extend.
We're looking for an immediate start.
Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including -
• A specialist consultant within an experience and dedicated recruitment team
• Excellent rates of pay
• Payroll service twice a week
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!
Job found on