When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Are you interested in a career that makes a difference? At Certitude, we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1500 people in a diverse range of services across London. We employ more than 1000 staff and are committed to their development. With Certitude you have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life
Location: London Borough of Southwark
Type of Service: Mental Health
Hours: 37.5 per week based on flexible rota- mornings, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
Salary: £9.80 per hour Permanent role
We are looking for Support Workers to join the team in our Mental Health services in Southwark to support people with Mental Health needs. You will be supporting them to live a good life, achieving their own goals. You will work as part of a team, supporting people in line with their person centred support plans, supporting them with all aspects of their daily life both at home and out and about in their community.
To be a successful support worker you will need to demonstrate:
* Practical and organised approach – willing to get involved in hands-on support for others e.g. cooking, driving, attending medical appointments on time
* Able to motivate others and build their confidence to try new things, meet new people, develop friendships, be active members of their community
* Ability to work within a team structure and understand the importance of team work in relation to achieving desired goals and outcomes
* Ability to use a range of technology –internet, emails, databases, Microsoft office, excel, smart phone, IPad
We will trust you to
* Ensure people are supported in everyday tasks in a respectful way that meets their individual needs and preferences and enables them to do as much as possible themselves and gives them as much choice, control and involvement as possible – whether it is assistance to eat, wash, enhancing their mobility, providing medication, communicating their needs, working out their money, getting in touch with friends, taking part in classes, being active members of their communities.
* Balance creating opportunities for people to try new things and make choices for themselves in a risk assessed environment.
* Build great relationships with the people we support and the people important in their lives (families, other staff, and external professionals).
* Develop and implement individual support plans that focus on individuals’ preferences and needs and maximise and maintain their personal independence all the while promoting rights, choices and independence.
* Recognise the qualities and strengths of each individual.
What’s in it for you?
* A competitive salary
* Salary exchange scheme
* A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
* An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling
* We will pay for your Enhanced DBS.
* Eye care vouchers
* Travel season ticket loan
* Cycle to work Scheme
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc
Job found on